Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Influenza A H1N1

H1N1 is the subtype of influenza virus A and the most common cause of flu in human.Some strains of H1N1 are endemic in human, including the strain responsible for the 1918 flu pandemic which killed 50–100 million people worldwide. Less virulent H1N1 strains still exist in the wild today, worldwide, causing a small fraction of all influenza-like illness and a large fraction of all seasonal influenza. H1N1 strains caused roughly half of all flu infections in 2006.Other strains of H1N1 are endemic in pigs and in birds.It is spread like those common diseases. Through air from coughs and sneezes or touching those infected. It cannot be transmitted from eating cooked pork.Countries like China,Japan,India,Thailand and Malaysia ETC.That is why we should always prepare early. For example, taking our temperature frequently or just by covering your mouth when you sneeze or cough. Now a days, after the H1N1 incident, we must take our temperature every Monday in school. I think it is very effective as we would be able to consult the doctor before the condition gets worse. Most importantly, my fellow classmates would not be affected. Once, we had to go straight to class in the morning and after recess. That is only for a few days but from that day on, we would have to go back to class after recess as it save more time.I am doing my part to keep Singapore free of disease and also to keep myself healthy. Now, I wash my hands with soap as I always just rinse it under low-running tap. So let's do our part and make Singapore disease free.

No comments: