Thursday, July 17, 2008

National Day Parade

The day finally came.I went to school happily on 12th July 08 which is a Saturday.Why?Every primary five have to go for the National Day Parade.Today it was the day I have been waiting to come.I went to hall expecting that Cheryl Teo(BFF) was there.Well.. I was right.She was there.We waited for some of our friends while we talk about what is going to happened later.After a about 20 minutes of chit chatting,Mr Leong gave us a briefing on what is going later.While waiting for the buses to arrive,I took pictures of my friends and sing along with the songs the teacher had played.Yah! the buses finally arrive and we went to collect our fun pack and dinner(which is burgers)When I went on to the bus,I look inside my fun pack,a packet drink in my bag was leaking so my bag was sticky and wet.It is a good thing i brought a extra bag.I separated the wet things away from the things that were dry.It was a long drive which took us 30 minutes.When we got off the bus,we walk to the seating gallery.When we enter,it took us 10 minutes until we can sit down as we need to climb the huge flight of stairs and finding our seats take time too.Once I was seated,the loud booming sound of the host's voice was heard.Then,the celebrity hosts riding on jet skis coming to the platform. While watching the show,I ate my Burger and swing my flag at the same time.Night has fallen and the colourful lights switch on by the performers were beautiful.The booming of the fireworks was heard and it was extremely pretty.At the end of the performance,we sang the National Anthem.It was the first time I sang it so loudly.That day I went home tired and hungry but happy.

No comments: