Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Earth Hour

I bet this Saturday is going to be very exciting for my whloe family.We have never experience any of this before.Well...maybe only my family,it might be the whole Singapore.It is our first time doing this.Earth Hour is an annual international event created by the WWF (World Wife Fund for Nature/Wildlife Fund).It is held on the last Saturday of March that all households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights and electrical appliances for one hour to raise awareness towards the need to take action on Earth's climate change.I think that people organise this event to remind everyone to save the Earth.Earth is where we live and we should protect it.For example,if people open more shop and the use of electricity increased,this will harm Mother Earth even more.We will have to switch off all the lights and all we see is darkness as most of the countries would switch off all the lights as the power generator stop generating electricity.My family would normally gather together with my grandmother,aunts.uncles and cousins on Saturday so maybe we could keep each other company.I not sure what would we really do on that night but like I said,it would be fun.Earth faces many other problems. Like air pollution,water pollution and most importantly, Global Warming. If the Earth starts to tilt even more, Singapore may snow or even flood. The ice is both side of the Earth is melting and the water in the ocean will increase and it would cover up Singapore as Singapore is so small.Everyone can help in keeping Mother Earth protected.If everyone of us on Earth plant a tree,there will be billions of trees everwhere.However,the amount of oxygen increase and the air would be fresher.I think events like this are very meaningful.

No comments: